Audiobook Month: Scott Brick Turns the Tables

Driving home from Cleveland this weekend, the endless abyss that is Route 80 in Pennsylvania was made marginally shorter thanks to the audiobook narrating prowess of Scott Brick.  As we motored along, my iPhone chimed, indicating an email.  Anthony snapped it up (I was driving) and barked with laughter when he saw the email was from Scott Brick.

My Audiobook Hero and Boyfriend (via ScottBrickPresents.com)

Ant put on his most sonorous voice to read me the email.  In a nutshell, Scott was letting me know he mentioned ME in one of his Audiobook Month posts over on ScottBrickPresents.com.  What could my audiobook hero possibly have to say about me?!? Nightmarish scenarios raced through my mind:

• Scott discusses the restraining order he’s put on Natalie from Book Line and Sinker
  • Scott announces his retirement from audiobook narrating because he’s entering the Witness Protection Program to dodge Natalie from Book Line and Sinker
  • Scott mentions blocking Natalie from Book Line and Sinker from his Twitter account
  • Scott decides to put an end to our virtual romance by breaking up with Natalie from Book Line and Sinker
Thankfully, my worry was for naught!  His post was actually the stuff fangirl dreams are made of.  Not only did Scotty-Poo mention me by name, he quoted me, too!  Oh, and then he NARRATED the whole post, including my quote: Scott Brick, audiobook narrator to the STARS, narrated MY WRITING.  *dying a thousand deaths*
I can't hold it together for even 5 seconds when it comes to Scott Brick.
In the last six months, I’ve listened to 23 audiobooks, 17 of them narrated by Scott.  John Rubinstein who? While my friend Jennifer over at The Literate Housewife actually got to touch an Audie AND snap a photo with her favorite narrator, Simon Vance, I will content myself with having interviewed Scott by phone, having had Scott narrate MY writing, and his offer to take me to In ‘N Out Burger when I get back out to Los Angeles.  Here’s to Audiobook Month 2012!
Can’t get enough of Scott Brick?  Here are some more of my rabid posts about him:

• At 2012.06.20 14:05, Literate Housewife said:

Love it! I also love your immediate reactions to the email. You crack me up. 🙂 Thankfully Scott Brick is a stand up narrator boyfriend. 🙂
    Literate Housewife´s last blog post ..#435 ~ Heading Out To Wonderful

• At 2012.06.22 21:10, Natalie said:

scott really goes the extra mile to make sure his virtual girlfriend is attended to. when are we going to crash the LA party and hang out with our boys?? isn’t smexi-simon out there, too?

• At 2012.06.20 14:11, Mary said:

How fun is this post! Can’t wait for the one after your burger date in LA 🙂
      Do you have a favorite audiobook that SB narrated?
      Mary´s last blog post ..The Cottage At Glass Beach by Heather Barbieri

• At 2012.06.20 14:14, Natalie said:

Mary,
        I know, Scott is such a personable guy and his fan interaction makes him even more of a favorite. I enjoyed THE PASSAGE by Justin Cronin and the Isaac Bell series by Clive Cussler. But honestly, I’d listen to Scott read a restaurant menu. 🙂

• At 2012.06.20 14:13, bermudaonion (Kathy) said:

Wow, that is definitely a swoon worthy moment! I love Scott Brick’s narration too. I’m going to check out his post now!
        bermudaonion (Kathy)´s last blog post ..Wondrous Words Wednesday

• At 2012.06.22 08:04, Beth F said:

WOWOWOWOW! How awesome is that?? I did get my photo taken with Scott last year at BEA. You can touch me, if you want.
          Beth F´s last blog post ..Imprint Friday: Weeds by Richard Mabey

• At 2012.06.22 21:11, Natalie said:

i should have stopped by while passing through your neck of the woods. how did i miss this photo–did you keep it private? is it framed on your fireplace mantle??

• At 2012.06.22 08:35, Jenners said:

Squeeeee!!!!
            Jenners´s last blog post ..American Gods by Neil Gaiman

• At 2012.06.22 21:12, Natalie said:

yeah, tell me about it. i’m squee-ing all the livelong day, much to ant’s vexation. hahaha.

• At 2012.06.22 12:52, Christy @ The Daily Dish said:

HHAHHAHHAHAHH!! Too freaking funny.

Now I must go and listen.

Poor Ant…

LOL

• At 2012.06.22 21:13, Natalie said:

ant is the long-suffering husband over here and used to his role. after 20 years, he’s pretty much immune to my shenanigans.

• At 2012.06.28 23:23, Laurie C said:

What is Robin Sachs here? Chopped liver? 😉

For that matter, I haven’t seen Ralph Cosham mentioned even once all Audiobook Week. I should have mentioned him! His Inspector Gamache is a character for us ladies of a certain age to moon over.
                Laurie C´s last blog post ..Listen Up! Audiobook Week Day 3 #JIAM

• At 2012.07.28 00:23, Kerry M said:

I just put a hold on the audiobook of Dune at my library and was THRILLED to see Brick had narrated it… can’t wait for it to come in!
                  Kerry M´s last blog post ..I Got Fancy, What?