Happy Halloween

I’m sliding in under the wire!!  Halloween Greetings from my little sister and me (circa 1981).

Our mom made those clown costumes--she was like Betsy Ross or something!

I hope you had a wonderful day filled with candy, trick or treating, or even a little haunting; I managed to accomplish all three. Miraculously, I limited my candy intake to an Almond Joy, Reese’s, and a Snickers, all pilfered from my nephew’s candy bucket (he’s allergic to nuts).

My favorite Halloween candy of all time would be either a Kit Kat or Almond Joy. The worst Halloween ‘treats’ (in my book) would be raisins or pennies.

So, what treats were you giving away today?

• At 2011.10.31 22:20, bermudaonion (Kathy) said:

I’m glad you had a good day! I loved getting pennies for Halloween, but back in my day, you could buy candy for a penny.
    bermudaonion (Kathy)´s last blog post ..Mailbox Monday

• At 2011.11.01 09:56, Ti said:

We had a hard candy mix (Nerds, Skittles, Air Heads) and then a Hershey bag mix of all the good stuff (KitKats, Reese’s, Hershey bars, 3 Musk, and Snickers). We had not one piece left! So many teens this year.

I watched trashy movies like Drag Me To Hell and then switched it to The Shining and then a documentary on the making of Halloween. I wanted to read some Poe but with the pup acting like a spaz that wasn’t going to happen.
      Ti´s last blog post ..Trick or Treat? TREAT! A giveaway for you!

• At 2011.11.01 11:22, Meg said:

Happy Halloween! What a cute photo. I stayed home to pass out candy to the kiddos last night, and we had a whopping ten! That’s actually pretty good for us. Other years, we’ve just had two or three.

My favorite candy has to be the Reese’s peanut butter cup — so unsurprisingly, that’s what we bought this year! A bag of Reese’s and Kit-Kit bars. Yum!

• At 2011.11.01 13:56, Jenners said:

Is is wrong that your 1981 selves kind of scare me? I still haven’t recovered from reading IT 20 some years ago. And pennies and raisins suck!
          Jenners´s last blog post ..My Triumphant Return to Blogging … And A Guest Post By Mr. Jenners

• At 2011.11.02 23:23, Natalie said:

for godsake, we weren’t some pennywise looking clowns coming to get you. we were cute little kids (with BLOODY KNIVES in our pumpkin candy buckets)!!! mwa ha ha…

• At 2011.11.01 14:01, Ann said:

I stopped by your blog today.
            Ann

• At 2011.11.01 16:19, Dishy said:

Did you know Ann stopped by? LOL

We gave out chocolate bars and nobody came. Correction: I know for certain one very short, yet surprisingly muscular Captain America did swing by for a couple bite-size bars, but we didn’t see anyone else. Mostly b/c we went out trick or treating and left the bowl unattended on the steps. But it didn’t look like much (if anything) went missing. Good thing – or bad?

You be the judge.

(PS: love your clowns)

• At 2011.11.02 23:21, Natalie said:

i did notice that ann stopped by–so nice of her!
                did you dress up this year or just the ladies?

• At 2011.11.03 07:04, Dishy poo said:

The ladies dressed up, I just went as my normally scary self. Lol

• At 2011.11.01 21:28, Weezer said:

Yeah, that’s not the best pic – what was mom thinking?
                BTW, who’s Ann? Xoxo

• At 2011.11.02 23:21, Natalie said:

come ON! at least our heads weren’t cut off in the photo.

ps. no idea who ann is, but she stopped by. lol.

• At 2011.11.02 16:29, Care said:

We turned off the lights, loaded the dogs into the truck and went out to dinner. Some years I go all out and dress up myself to hand out the candy but the rude teenagers who don’t even get into costume ruin it for me anymore.
                  (I did buy regular size Snickers and gave them to our neighbor kids before we left.)
                  Care´s last blog post ..Photo Wednesday 11/02/2011

• At 2011.11.02 23:19, Natalie said:

ha! we turned away many an uncostumed teen this year! i told one group, “try again next year!”.

• At 2011.11.02 21:03, Kathleen said:

You both made adorable clowns! I ended up spending a quiet Halloween at home and must admit I turned off the porch light and didn’t greet the trick or treaters this year!
                    Kathleen´s last blog post ..Scary Goodness

• At 2011.11.03 13:24, softdrink said:

I had a similar costume in yellow, made by my mom. Minus the hat.