Novel Posters: Read all about ’em!

My friend GK, an ex-pat of the East Coast, has been living in San Francisco for more than a decade and always seems to have the inside track to cool and hipster-ish things.  She emailed me last Friday about a cool company started by a friend of a friend and knew it would be right up my alley.  Boy howdy was she right!

Novel Poster is a creative start-up company that has already been fully funded through Kickstarter, an online pledge system for financially backing creative projects.  Their creations, 20×30 high quality poster prints of classic novels (and a few celebrity Twitter feeds), are so terrific that the only problem I have is choosing which one to order!

Each print features a unique layout that creates novel-related images in the negative space around the (legible) words.  With pricing between $30-45, this is an inexpensive but unique (and literate!) way to cover a ton of wall space.

From the first word to the last...

While Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite books, I find myself leaning toward the artwork on the The Adventures of Tom Sawyer or To Kill a Mockingbird* posters.

Aren't these fun?!?

Have you seen these Novel Posters?  Which one would you sign up for? (see the website link for the entire inventory).  Which novel would you like to see as a  Novel Poster?

*Image of To Kill a Mockingbird poster is on the website.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I don’t know anyone at Novel Poster, they have never heard of my blog or me, and I’m not getting any swag for talking about them–I just think their idea is great!

• At 2011.09.14 02:57, vivienne said:

I love the look of these. I wonder if they are available in the UK. Great find Natalie.

• At 2011.09.14 07:00, Sandy said:

Totally cool. I wonder if my husband would argue if I hung them up in my house.

But, if I had my own library…

• At 2011.09.14 08:24, bermudaonion (Kathy) said:

I love them! I think my favorite is To Kill a Mockingbird.

• At 2011.09.14 11:03, Jody said:

Those are fab, but I’m with Sandy, my hubs wouldn’t care for them much, for a library they’d be amazing.

• At 2011.09.14 12:50, Jenners said:

Oh how cool!! And the text of the book is on the poster? Even cooler yet! But choosing just one would be very very very diffcult!

• At 2011.09.14 13:38, g said:

glad you like em! we should probably get signed up as their new pr firm.

• At 2011.09.14 13:56, Jess - A Book Hoarder said:

I’m in love. I kind of wish they were smaller so I could buy…I don’t know…6 or 8 of them but I guess that would be an issue with the legible words. How do you choose?!

• At 2011.09.16 18:15, toothybooks said:

wow their posters look fantastic! i like to kill a mockingbird too, but the great gatsby has always been one of my favorite books too. and huck finn! oh boy, so many choices. what to choose, what to choose.

• At 2011.09.18 10:28, Erin said:

These are amazingly clever! I love negative space designs and literary things, so…perfect 🙂

• At 2011.09.23 21:32, Bybee said:

I’d love these for my office!