PLANNERGATE 2011: A Resolution

So, last week I spent a few hundred words crowing about my dream planner–the Blue Sky 8×10 Susy Jack Academic School Year planner–and then lamented the fact it was out of stock and not to be found in any store that was supposed to carry it.  Your support and suggestions were very helpful–those were some trying days, I tell ya!  I was getting dangerously close to settling for a another planner, but last week my luck was ON.

The lovely folks at Blue Sky managed to track down my dream planner and kindly sent it (along with another organizational treat–a shopping list organizer and a very nice note) right to my front door.  Behold!

We can all breathe a bit easier knowing that I’m now prepared to start the new school year with the most awesome-sauce planner this side of the Milky Way.  Blue Sky is a great company and their employees really know how to bring happiness to their customers.

Also, the Susy in Susy Jack is a real person!  She’s a pattern and surface designer in New York City and blogs over at heysusy.  Her line of products for Blue Sky are being carried nationwide at Target, but for some reason, the two Targets in my area didn’t have any of Susy’s stuff yet) so feel free to get yourself organized as me with Blue Sky and Susy.

• At 2011.08.22 20:51, bermudaonion (Kathy) said:

Hooray! I’m going to check out Blue Sky’s web site now.

• At 2011.08.23 00:27, Kathleen said:

Congratulations! Enjoy your new planner…so glad you found it!

• At 2011.08.23 06:12, Sandy said:

My tiny little zebra print planner is only a 2011, and I’m going to soon be needing a new one. I’m TOTALLY going to hunt down Susy at Target! I get this, I really do. I love planners. They make my life feel complete.

• At 2011.08.23 08:58, vivienne said:

LOL, I am so pleased that you got this. I know how much you were drooling over it.

• At 2011.08.23 11:19, Steph said:

Happy to hear your planning problems had such a fine resolution. I admit, I expected that after your passionate plea that the folks at Blue Sky would reach out to you… so glad they did!

I too am really picky about day planners and the like, but I admit that I have ultimately gone the electronic route. Everything gets logged on my computer’s calendar, which has worked swimmingly for the past few years!

• At 2011.08.23 14:43, Beth(bookaholicmom) said:

These look like wonderful planners. I am off to check them out. I can use a little organization!

• At 2011.08.24 06:04, Beth F said:

What a great story! Now I have to check out the planners.

• At 2011.08.24 13:20, Dishy said:

I KNEW IT. How could they resist sending you one after that convincing blog post?! Well done, Blue Sky! (and Nat!)

Further proof of the maxim: ask and ye shall receive.

• At 2011.08.24 20:04, Jenners said:

I, for one, am relieved to learn of this happy ending! Happy planning!

• At 2011.08.29 11:24, Beth(bookaholicmom) said:

Thanks to your post, I was able to find the perfect planner/ calender set by Blue Sky at our Target. They are really nice planners and they are a great deal too! Thanks for posting them. I would have missed them if not for your post.