Mailbox Monday

I might be the most sporadic MM participant this side of the Mississippi!  Thanks to Bluestocking for hosting during the month of June.

This week’s mailbox held quite a bounty, and I already made my way through Spoiled by my favorites–the girls of Go Fug Yourself–and am halfway through Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner.

Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner (Atria,7/12/11) is courtesy of Engleman & Co.

The Astral by Kate Christensen (Doubleday, 6/14/11) is courtesy of the publisher.

Spoiled by Heather Cocks & Jessica Morgan [The Fuggirls] (Poppy, 6/1/11) is courtesy of the publisher.

Born Standing Up by Steve Martin (Scribner,12/20/07) is from Jenners over at Life…With Books.

The Summer We Read Gatsby by Danielle Ganek (Plume, 5/31/11 [paperback]) is courtesy of the publisher.

Thanks to all great publishers, publicists, and friends who filled my mailbox.  How about that pencil, by the way?  I have an obsession with oversized or miniaturized run-of-the-mill objects and this guy is the newest addition to my collection.

Aside from the mundane bills and junk mail, what was in YOUR mailbox this week?

• At 2011.06.12 20:58, bermudaonion (Kathy) said:

The books all look good and the pencil is adorable – does it write? I hope all of your books are winners!
    bermudaonion (Kathy)´s last blog post ..BEA 2011 Day 3

• At 2011.06.12 21:05, Natalie said:

it actually DOES write–isn’t that too cute?

• At 2011.06.12 22:05, Bluestocking said:

I haven’t heard of any of these.
      Bluestocking´s last blog post ..Belladonna’s Journey

• At 2011.06.12 22:34, Ti said:

I love that pencil!!

I haven’t done a MM post in I don’t know how long. I get books all the time but I never feel like taking a photo of them.
        Ti´s last blog post ..The Sunday Salon- School is out!

• At 2011.06.13 00:24, Kathleen said:

I love the big pencil!
          Kathleen´s last blog post ..Thanks for not forgetting me!

• At 2011.06.13 01:29, kay said:

I just LOVE your giant pen! It’s the perfect accessory to make one’s TBR pile look smaller, right?
            You’ve got a great selection of books, all on my wishlist if you can believe it! I’m really curious to hear your thoughts on Spoiled, I just love the girls from Go Fug Yourself.
            kay´s last blog post ..On My Wishlist – 7

• At 2011.06.13 08:13, Mary (Bookfan) said:

Great pencil 🙂
              And wow, great books! I’m really curious about The Astral. Hope you enjoy them all.

• At 2011.06.13 09:23, Laurel-Rain Snow said:

Oh, I am waiting for The Astral in the mail….also, the Jennifer Weiner book. Hope you enjoy them all!

Here’s MY MONDAY MEMES POST
                Laurel-Rain Snow´s last blog post ..MONDAY MEMES- MAILBOX &amp WHAT ARE YOU READING — JUNE 13

• At 2011.06.13 09:50, Meg said:

Awesome additions to your collection! I read The Summer We Read Gatsby last year and really enjoyed it — the New York setting was great and well done. And I’m super excited for the new Jennifer Weiner book!
                  Meg´s last blog post ..Book review- ‘Friendship Bread’ by Darien Gee

• At 2011.06.13 11:33, toothybooks said:

What a great mailbox! I’m always amazed by your incredible photography skills! I’m looking forward to reading your reviews on spoiled and then come you. i finally started on the jess darling series and can i just say love?? i read the first book and i’m half way through the second book and now i need to go out and buy the next book in the series because i’m addicted.
                    toothybooks´s last blog post ..Postcards from Yours Truly

• At 2011.06.13 14:48, Beth(bookaholicmom) said:

I love that pencil! I’m curious about your collection. It sounds very interesting. You should post some more of it! The books all look good too! Enjoy!
                      Beth(bookaholicmom)´s last blog post ..Mailbox Monday June 13

• At 2011.06.13 19:58, Jenners said:

My son would LOVE that pencil. He has a foot-long one (or maybe even longer) from Ripleys Believe It or Not and lots of different designs but nothing like that. And I haven’t read Jennifer Weiner in so long … she is great for summer reading I think.
                        Jenners´s last blog post ..A Review Of Sorts Of Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer

• At 2011.06.14 10:10, Dishy said:

Maddie & Georgia both have that pencil too!! They got them at Newbury Comics here — a store you & Ant would LOVE! PS: Glad you finally got a copy of Steve Martin’s book for yourself! XO
                          Dishy´s last blog post ..Chickpea and Raisin Salad

• At 2011.06.17 22:45, Anna said:

I’ve heard good things about The Astral, so I’m really curious about that one. Happy reading!
                            Anna´s last blog post ..Review- The Storm at the Door by Stefan Merrill Block

• At 2011.06.21 20:20, Holly said:

Great mailbox. And awesome pencil!
                              Holly´s last blog post ..A Game of CharacterReview and Giveaway