Getaway: A Whirlwind Weekend

A nod to Wills and Kate
Candyland at The Vermont Country Store
Loved this table--festooned with jar lids--by local artisan Johnny Swing--featured in a cafe in Newfane, VT. (click photo for link to his website)
Some guy was taking his 10-month-old pet piggy for a stroll on the streets of Brattleboro.
Typewriter key rings at Beadniks in Brattleboro
10 years ago this September, Ant and I spent part of our honeymoon in the room with the big windows here at the Four Columns Inn in Newfane, VT. This fall we're off to Ireland for our anniversary of 19 blissful years together (10 married, 9 dating, lol). Click photo link to their website.
A tab? I can't give ya a tab unless ya order somethin'!

• At 2011.05.01 11:51, vivienne said:

Nice to see I am not the only one in a long relationship. I loved this pictorial view of Vermont. I want that table!
    vivienne┬┤s last blog post ..IMM 5

• At 2011.05.01 21:08, Natalie said:

well, v, i think YOU earn bonus points because you have kids AND have a long-lasting relationship. adding kids to the mix makes it exponentially harder…kudos to us both. ­čÖé

• At 2011.05.01 12:15, Julie @ Read Handed said:

I love your picture of the candy store! Candy stores are so fun – it’s always an exercise in self-control for me. ­čÖé
      Julie @ Read Handed┬┤s last blog post ..Take Me Out With the Crowd

• At 2011.05.01 21:03, Natalie said:

well, we exercised none and came away with Moon pies, licorice laces, Chuckles, and sodas!

• At 2011.05.01 12:34, A Southern Cousin said:

I love your pics!! A pig being walked down the street?! Surely you jest!! We went to The Mast General Store in Boone, NC and it was the same ‘small down feel’ candy store. My daughter could hardly reign in her excitement! Love it!

You are flying on a PLANE? Really? Ant? Will you both be medicated? lol.

Smooches,
        k.

• At 2011.05.01 21:06, Natalie said:

the pig was a bit off-putting for me–i don’t like to be reminded where bacon actually comes from. hee hee. ant got right up in there and was giving the pig a pat. as for ireland, we’d gladly DRIVE, but i don’t think that’s going to be possible. instead, we’re going to take a driving/castle tour. we’re renting a car (ha!) and staying in manor houses and castles. i’ll take lots o’ pics. ant will be xanax’ed to the max, i’m sure. i’m going to try not to get motion sick. we’ll be quite the pair.

• At 2011.05.01 13:33, Chrisbookarama said:

Omg, do they still make Tab?! Love the pics, especially the pig.
          Chrisbookarama┬┤s last blog post ..Two Williams-Sonoma Cookbooks

• At 2011.05.01 21:06, Natalie said:

yes, and it still tastes gross (in my opinion). hee hee. i just love the can, though.

• At 2011.05.01 19:13, Dishy said:

How are you getting husbandito on a PLANE???!!!!!!!!!

PS: LOVE the pics! Glad you had a great time. XO
            Dishy┬┤s last blog post ..Tuscan Lemon Muffins

• At 2011.05.01 21:07, Natalie said:

we’re not really discussing it.mwa ha ha. i’m going to do like they did on The A-Team with Mr. T and heavily sedate him. it will be grand.

• At 2011.05.02 14:23, Ti said:

Smurfs? I heard they are making another movie on them. Katy Perry is rumored to be in it.

I used to love Tab but I’m not sure why. It was like watered down sugar water back then. I think I just wanted to be cool and drink it like everyone else. Back then it also had a real tab. The kind you pulled out and hopefully didn’t drop back inside the can to choke on. Happened to a friend of mine.
              Ti┬┤s last blog post ..You Asked- I Answered ÔÇô Part 2

• At 2011.05.02 20:24, Jenners said:

My mom always drank Tab!!! Didn’t know it was still around. Love the candy store. I would love to see the rest. I remember that lipstick candy.
                Jenners┬┤s last blog post ..Four Reasons To Read Non-Fiction

• At 2011.05.03 13:29, SpilledInkGuy said:

Sweet photos – I thought I had a busy weekend (and now I feel badly about forgetting to walk our pig)!
                  ­čÖé
                  SpilledInkGuy┬┤s last blog post ..Weekly Photo Challenge- One

• At 2011.05.04 01:35, Jess - A Book Hoarder said:

I’m not really sure what to make of the guy walking a pig but I am loving that table and those rings. Okay and I kind of want to walk a pig now too…
                    Jess – A Book Hoarder┬┤s last blog post ..Mailbox Monday

• At 2011.05.05 07:14, Beth F said:

I ***love*** the Vermont Country Store! I haven’t been there is a while. What an awesome trip.
                      Beth F┬┤s last blog post ..Thursday Tea- While I Live by John Marsden Review

• At 2011.05.06 13:21, kay said:

I’m not sure what I love most, the piggy on the sidewalk or the typewriter rings. Or the table. Or the smurfs.
                        Congrats on your relationship! I feel it deserves a lot of thumbs up, or something like that ­čÖé Bring out the confettis!
                        kay┬┤s last blog post ..Review – Married with Zombies

• At 2011.05.08 12:14, toothybooks said:

what a fun weekend you had! i must have that table, although i have no idea where i would put it! that’s my problem, i always go on shopping binges and then come home realizing that i just have junk piling up everywhere.

Congrats on your 19 year relationship!! That’s incredible! I hope ya’ll have a wonderful time in Ireland and I’ll look forward to reading all about it.
                          toothybooks┬┤s last blog post ..Tooth and Mail 11