From My (Gingerbread) House to Yours

I’m sending wishes for the happiest of holidays and a healthy and prosperous 2011 to all of my blogging friends and visitors!  Your friendship, comments, kindness, and support were really appreciated during this trying year.  I’m looking forward to wonderful things in 2011 on your blogs and mine!  Merry Holidays and Happy New Year!

I’ll leave you with a few photos of Gingy House Construction 2010.  Don’t tell Martha that we used a glue gun to put these suckers together!   xoxo Natalie

My sister and nephew working on their Gingy House
Yes, those would be tiny bite marks on the candy. No, they aren't mine.
After my nephew went to bed, my sister and I got down to business building our own Gingy houses. I had to get crafty and attempt sugar-glass windows.

• At 2010.12.23 15:50, Coffee and a Book Chick said:

I’ve only made a gingerbread house when I was in the Girl Scouts twenty-some years ago! I need to try this again – the ones you guys made look fabulous!!
    Coffee and a Book Chick´s last blog post ..Planning to Live- by Heather Wardell

• At 2010.12.23 17:00, rhapsodyinbooks said:

You are just the most creative ever! these are beautiful! (I hope the glue is edible!) LOL

• At 2010.12.24 08:44, Beth F said:

I love your houses. Have a wonderful holiday.
        Beth F´s last blog post ..Review- The Rabbis Cat 2 by Joann Sfar

• At 2010.12.24 20:17, softdrink said:

It looks like it’s been snowing pretty heavily at your gingerbread house. 😀

Happy holidays!
          softdrink´s last blog post ..Holiday Wishes

• At 2010.12.24 23:15, Elisabeth said:

Your houses look great!!! Hope to build one over my Xmas break! Have a Happy Holiday!!!

• At 2010.12.25 11:01, Dishy said:

They look DELISH! Merry Christmas Nat, to you & your entire family. Hope you are enjoying a lovely day together. Please tell Jess I got the bracelet and LOVE IT!! XO
              Dishy´s last blog post ..Merry Christmas

• At 2010.12.26 21:32, Jess - A Book Hoarder said:

Sure your houses are beautiful but I think I’d take the one with the bite marks in it. What is a home really if someone hasn’t taken a bite or two out of it?

• At 2010.12.27 00:31, Jennifer said:

It is so nice to see so many warm holiday wishes. I wish you all the best in the New Year as well. And I have to say that your gingerbread houses are pretty fantastic!

• At 2010.12.27 10:52, Meg said:

Wow, your gingerbread houses look gorgeous — and way better than my sister’s and mine! Oh my goodness, I think we have the same kit, too. (One of those snowmen is currently camped out at my house.) Good call on the glue gun — our house was completely falling apart! The roof would not stay on, and the gumdrops on the roof slid off continuously. We wound up using Duncan Hines store-bought frosting instead of the kind that came with the kit! Y’all did so well. 🙂

Hope you had a lovely Christmas with your family.

xoxo
                    Meg´s last blog post ..write meg!’s 2010 reading honors

• At 2010.12.27 13:07, Erin said:

Super glue…genius! These are gorgeous, bite marks and all. What a fun project! I hope your Christmas was wonderful and that your New Year is peaceful and happy!
                      Erin´s last blog post ..Sony Reader- Initial Reaction

• At 2010.12.27 19:19, Oh said:

Enjoyed this immensely! Loved the “gingy” houses. And the tiny bite marks cracked me up! It’s a great tradition. Our kids (now grown) try to do one here at our house every year, too! this year’s theme was Santa’s Reindeer Flight Training School! Complicated but fun; required dipping into holiday spirits!
                        Hope your holiday continues to be awesome!
                        Oh´s last blog post ..There was NYC…as told by Huck who heard it from Oh me

• At 2010.12.27 23:40, Ti said:

These houses are tough to make! A neighbor gave us a kit as a gift on Christmas day so The Girl and I got down to business. I haven’t taken a pic of it yet, but I am convinced that a professional decorator is used for the photo on the box.
                          Ti´s last blog post ..Christmas 2010- Happiness to All

• At 2010.12.28 18:55, Kathleen said:

Hope you had a wonderful holiday. Those gingerbread houses are AWESOME!
                            Kathleen´s last blog post ..Some Sunshine for a Cold Winter day

• At 2010.12.29 14:42, Connie said:

hail to the queen of many talents 🙂 Happy New Year and all that good stuff!
                              Connie´s last blog post ..Reflections of a Year Well LivedPart 1

• At 2011.01.03 22:05, Jenners said:

Those came out pretty darn awesome … I’m impressed. However, I do have to deduct points for use of a glue gun.
                                Jenners´s last blog post ..A Eulogy for My Mom