Fun and Games

I feel terrible for holding out on you guys for so  long.  It’s been whole months since I unearthed this treasure at a thrift shop in Brattleboro, Vermont.  Behold!

The game box not only features fashion and hairstyles from the halcyon days of my childhood, but is also emblazoned with everyone’s favorite cad, Bruce Patman, tooling in his convertible Porsche!

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find anyone willing to sit down and play this game with me, and it’s been languishing along with Operation, Trivial Pursuit, Candy Land, and Sorry! in the cabinet.  Surely there must be someone out there who will challenge me to “find a boyfriend for the big date”.

You can come over to my house and we’ll listen to some awesome 45s on my turntable, do each other’s hair with my crimping iron, and prank call the foxy boys in our class.  Of course, it goes without saying that I get to be Jessica Wakefield, but you could be Elizabeth, Enid, or Lila!

So, do you want to come over? Circle YES or NO.

• At 2010.11.02 01:33, Jess - A Book Hoarder said:

Oh my God!

I don’t even know what else to say…except…I circle YES!

• At 2010.11.02 08:33, Beth F said:

I’d be there in a flash — I would love to find a boyfriend the big date! LOLOLOLOL
      Beth F´s last blog post ..Review: Fables 3Storybook Love by Bill Willingham

• At 2010.11.02 10:11, Meg said:

Oh my goodness! This reminds me of a Barbie prom board game I had as a kid, where you’re carefully making your way around the board and trying to avoid landing on a space that would earn you a date with the dorky boyfriend! I mean, there was the hunky blonde, the broad-shouldered guy with dark hair, another cute preppy dude and then . . . the freckled redhead with broken glasses, smiling like a goof.

Looking back, those other guys were tools. But the redhead? He would probably have paid for my evening and been a perfect gentleman. I should have been rooting for him the entire game!
        Meg´s last blog post ..It’s hard to be angry in a Halloween costume- but I managed it

• At 2010.11.02 11:54, Coffee and a Book Chick said:

Circling YES here — Sweet Valley High fan that I was as a kid, you can sign me up for playing this game. Did you know they’re coming out with a new and updated Sweet Valley High, Ten Years Later?! I don’t know if I read it on your site or somewhere else, but it’s coming out in March 2011 — here’s the link for it http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20435286,00.html
          Coffee and a Book Chick´s last blog post ..Book Blogger Hop

• At 2010.11.02 12:06, Erin said:

Oh my goodness, that is AWESOME! I didn’t even know that game existed. I can’t believe no one will play it with you!
            Erin´s last blog post ..Thoughts on “The Report” by Jessica Francis Kane

• At 2010.11.02 14:45, Alita said:

YES! I am so there. I’ll be Lila 🙂

I loved this books growing up, and the Lila family saga was my most favourite of the bunch.

• At 2010.11.02 19:47, dishy said:

Def looks like something my best friend & I would have played & enjoyed as preteens. So glad the character picks are all female! She was forever making me play the BOY in all our games (I was taller); I’d have been happy to finally get to play a choice female role!!
                dishy´s last blog post ..Should I Stay or Should I Go

• At 2010.11.02 20:14, Jenners said:

Even though I never read these books, I can totally appreciate the wonderfulness of this find!
                  Jenners´s last blog post ..Musashi Readalong-Book IV- Wind

• At 2010.11.03 10:14, Hermie's Mom said:
                    • At 2010.11.03 15:48, Kathleen said:

How fun!

• At 2010.11.03 16:21, Helene said:

Can we prank call them with our swatch phone? You know, the one that was perfect for prank calling because the base was a phone too??? Two people could be on he phone at the same time?? Sigh.

• At 2010.11.03 16:34, Natalie said:

I’m going to use my Lego phone (Tyco, 1988) which I still own and adore to this day!

• At 2010.11.03 22:50, Monica said: