Mailbox Mondays: Halloween Version

Mailbox Mondays is being hosted during the month of October by Avis of She Reads and Reads.

My husband is finishing up his review of Stephen Rebello’s Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho for the end of the week, just in time for Halloween.   I received it from Open Road Books and Drinking Closer to Home by Jessica Anya Blau from Harper Perrenial, both via Net Galley.

I received a copy of Ann Wertz Garvin’s debut novel On Maggie’s Watch from Berkley/NAL and will be reviewing in early next week.

Changes are still forthcoming here at Book, Line, and Sinker.  My header logo seems to have been lost in the translation, the color scheme and background are still in development, and a host of other details need to be attended to, but I had upload the new layout to really test it out.

Please continue to pardon Book, Line, and Sinker’s appearance during this transition.  I hope to have the site fully operational by November 1st.

Wishing everyone a great week!

• At 2010.10.24 23:10, softdrink said:

My eyes can’t figure out if you scrunched that picture, or someone sat on your pumpkin. 😀
    softdrink´s last blog post ..blah- blah- blah

• At 2010.10.25 08:33, bermudaonion (Kathy) said:

I love the special effects in your photo! I got On Maggie’s Watch too, so I’ll be anxious to see what you think of it.

• At 2010.10.25 08:58, Mary (Bookfan) said:

Fun photo 🙂 Can’t wait to see the finished blog!
        Mary (Bookfan)´s last blog post ..A Cedar Key Christmas by Terri DuLong

• At 2010.10.25 10:32, Liz said:

That picture is very atmospheric and Halloween-y! Looking forward to seeing the site when it’s all finished 🙂
          Liz´s last blog post ..What Makes A Classic

• At 2010.10.25 10:46, Meg said:

Lookin’ good so far! And now I’m hungry for an Almond Joy . . .
            Meg´s last blog post ..Book review- ‘J’adore New York’ by Isabelle Laflèche

• At 2010.10.25 10:59, Beth(bookaholicmom) said:

That almond joy looks wonderful right about now! I love your picture. Enjoy your new reads! Looking forward to seeing the new blog look!

• At 2010.10.25 11:45, Kate {The Parchment Girl} said:

Looks like an interesting book! Enjoy!

• At 2010.10.25 13:41, Anna said:

I’m supposed to be receiving On Maggie’s Watch, too. Looking forward to your thoughts.
                  Anna´s last blog post ..Mailbox Monday — October 25

• At 2010.10.25 14:07, vivienne said:

Ooh how did you make the picture look so Halloweeny?
                    vivienne´s last blog post ..Monday Mail

• At 2010.10.26 16:58, Natalie said:

an online photo editing program called picnik. 🙂 http://www.picnik.com
                      enjoy!

• At 2010.10.25 18:48, avisannschild said:

As others have said, I love that picture and I can’t wait to see the final version of your site. Enjoy the book!
                        avisannschild´s last blog post ..Mailbox Monday October 25

• At 2010.10.25 18:52, Mystica said:

The book and the photos both look interesting!

• At 2010.10.25 20:48, Holly said:

Cute photo. And the book sounds good too!

• At 2010.10.26 18:26, dw said:

you photography skill amazes me! and i’m loving the new layout! it looks great!