Mailbox-ish Mondays

Technically, none of these books graced my mailbox, but I did pick them up this week.  A few came from the thrift store and a few from the library.  The Betty Crocker book is really interesting, but can’t say why I picked up the Dan Brown one.  I may have actually read it already–that’s how memorable it was for me–bargain books are hard to resist, I guess.  On Folly Beach was recommended by a fellow blogger, and I finally got tired of  being the only blogger on planet Earth who has never read Rebecca.

Hope your mailbox was laden with goodies this week.

Mailbox Mondays was created by Marcia at The Printed Page and is being hosted this month by Chick Loves Lit.

• At 2010.08.23 02:29, Laura @ ImBookingIt said:

I actually can’t remember if I’ve read Rebecca– if I did, it was 20+ years ago, and I (obviously) don’t remember it very well…

Enjoy your eclectic collection of books!
    .-= Laura @ ImBookingIt´s last blog ..Mailbox Monday =-.

• At 2010.08.23 03:18, J.C. Montgomery said:

I like your selections here. I got a copy of Rebecca last month. I remember reading it in my…[ahem] well, a long time ago. I felt it was due for a re-read. I love Du Maurier. I haven’t read any Dan Brown yet, but have heard good things. I hope to get to this books by the end of the year.

In terms of mailbox-ish items, I’ve received several review copies, but most of my excitement was finally being able to get more Artemis Fowl books.
      .-= J.C. Montgomery´s last blog ..Translations Ahoy! =-.

• At 2010.08.23 04:58, Lisa said:

no worry.. I haven’t read rebecca either hahah

here’s mine

• At 2010.08.23 07:32, The BookGirl said:

Bargain books are awfully hard to resist 🙂
          I have heard great things about The Last Child…will be looking for your review.
          Enjoy your week reading!

• At 2010.08.23 08:11, bermudaonion (Kathy) said:

I haven’t read Rebecca either, but I think I need to! The Betty Crocker book does look good to me too!

• At 2010.08.23 08:12, nat @book, line, and sinker said:

i really like it! it started as a thesis paper for the author and it morphed into this book. 🙂

• At 2010.08.23 08:16, Kim V said:

Rebecca is also a classic Hitchcok movie too.

The Finding Betty Crocker sounds intriguing!

• At 2010.08.23 09:02, Thoughts of Joy said:

I haven’t read Rebecca yet either. However, it is on my iPod ready for a listen. I look forward to your thoughts.

• At 2010.08.23 09:06, rhapsodyinbooks said:

I love the Mailbox-ISH Monday!

The John Hart is very good.
                  .-= rhapsodyinbooks´s last blog ..August 22- 1920 – Birthday of Ray Bradbury =-.

• At 2010.08.23 09:07, Alayne said:

This is a great assortment. 🙂 Rebecca is fantastic, as I’m sure you’ve heard. I’ve really wanted to read Karen White’s books so I hope you like On Folly Beach. My Mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.
                    .-= Alayne´s last blog ..In My Mailbox Monday- By Nightfall- The Emperor’s Tomb =-.

• At 2010.08.23 10:03, Meg said:

Ooh! Since I’ve been channeling my inner Betty Crocker so much lately, I’ll be eager to hear your thoughts on that one. On Folly Beach was great, and don’t worry — I’ve never read Rebecca, either. You’ll be two steps ahead of me now!
                      .-= Meg´s last blog ..Book review- ‘Bright Lights- Big Ass’ by Jen Lancaster =-.

• At 2010.08.23 11:13, Mary (Bookfan) said:

I’m curious about Finding Betty Crocker. I have On Folly Beach on the shelf. Enjoy your reading this week!
                        .-= Mary (Bookfan)´s last blog ..In My Mailbox-Mailbox Monday – Aug 22-23 =-.

• At 2010.08.23 11:20, Andi said:

I haven’t read Rebecca either! Yay for us!
                          .-= Andi´s last blog ..Welcome to Insomnia! =-.

• At 2010.08.23 13:48, RAnn said:

Another book blogger who hasn’t read Rebecca
                            .-= RAnn´s last blog ..Mailbox Monday =-.

• At 2010.08.23 15:14, Meg R. said:

Too funny seeing all the “never read Rebecca” comments, because I just purchased and devoured that book for the first time about a month ago. It’s a wonderful piece of literature, and I’ll be interested to see what you think about it.
                              .-= Meg R. ´s last blog ..eye candy the world’s most gorgeous bookstore =-.

• At 2010.08.23 16:54, Kathleen said:

I hope you enjoy Rebecca. I’m one who has read and LOVED it.

• At 2010.08.23 17:20, pussreboots said:

Rebecca is wonderful. The Lost Symbol is fun.

My textbooks are here along with some fun stuff. Here’s what I’m reading this week.
                                  .-= pussreboots´s last blog ..On My Wishlist- August 21- 2010 =-.

• At 2010.08.23 18:14, Beth(bookaholicmom) said:

Nope your not the only not to have read Rebecca. I have not read it either. I do want to read it though. Karen White is wonderful. You will enjoy her book. Have a great reading week!
                                    .-= Beth(bookaholicmom)´s last blog ..Mailbox Monday August 23 =-.

• At 2010.08.23 18:35, Colleen (Books in the City) said:

Finding Betty Crocker sounds like fun!

• At 2010.08.24 12:13, Elizabeth said:

I think I commented last week about your header, but I have to do it again.

I just love it…so clever and so appropriate.
                                        .-= Elizabeth´s last blog ..Teaser Tuesdays =-.

• At 2010.08.24 13:14, Natalie said:

Thanks so much! I designed it myself in Photoshop. 🙂 I just did another banner/header for my new venture–an Etsy shop. I haven’t posted any of my merchandise yet but the banner is done. (I focus on the important stuff first, lol.)

• At 2010.08.24 13:24, Elizabeth said:

You are welcome…It is great.

What would be in your Etsy shop? Sounds fun.
                                            .-= Elizabeth´s last blog ..Teaser Tuesdays =-.

• At 2010.08.24 14:24, nat @book, line, and sinker said:

the store is called Peppermint Natty and the tagline is: Get the sensation of Vintage treasures and Retro treats. i will be selling vintage stuff–i have a passion for retro–things like typewriters, kitchen kitsch, old cameras, and the like. i’ll post all about i when i’m up and running. 🙂

• At 2010.08.24 15:34, Holly said:

I’ve been interested in the Betty Crocker one. I’ll look forward to your review. Great mailbox this week.
                                            .-= Holly´s last blog ..The Kitchen ShrinkReview by the Doctor =-.

• At 2010.08.26 14:23, Alita said:

Yesssss Rebecca! I only read it a couple weeks ago for the first time, but it’s now the book I’m recommending to everyone and anyone – I just lent my copy to a co-worker yesterday. I can’t wait to hear what you think of it!
                                              .-= Alita´s last blog ..One Day by David Nicholls final thoughts =-.

• At 2010.08.27 00:47, Jess - A Book Hoarder said:

I was going to comment and tell you that I’m sick of being the only one who hasn’t read Rebecca and I feel so much better after seeing all the other comments. I hope you enjoy it, I am DEFINITELY going to read it this year…sometime.

• At 2010.08.28 23:03, Lisa said:

Quite the eclectic set of books!
                                                  .-= Lisa´s last blog ..All Things In Common =-.