I sporadically play along with Marcia from The Printed Page and share what books came into my possession in the last week or so. Here’s a peek at a few of the books I’m working on for the next few weeks:
- While in Vermont for a weekend getaway, I picked up a copy of the epic Lonesome Dove for a whopping $1.06 at a thrift shop. My parents have been raving about it for 100 years, and I saw a terrific mini-review written by an employee at The Northshire Bookstore.
- My sister bought me a copy of Olive Kitteridge for my birthday.
- At a used bookstore in Brattleboro, VT, I nabbed a copy of Men and Dogs by Katie Crouch. I read Girls in Trucks and decided to give this one a whirl.
- I received two surprise books for review from Penguin–The Book of Peach by Penelope J. Stokes and The Jewel of St. Petersburg by Kate Furnivall.
- I couldn’t resist a copy of Mortuary Confidential by Todd Hara and Ken McKenzie while browsing at Mystery on Main in Brattleboro. (not pictured in collage)