You Can’t Always Get What You Want

While I’d really love to be HERE with all my book blogger buddies…

BEA 2009-Image from Follow the Reader

I woke at 4am today to chaperone a high school trip to…

Niagara Falls is lovely–my grandparents honeymooned here in the early 40s–but I’ve been on this school trip before and have never been to BEA.  Does that sound whiny?  Must be the sleep deprivation setting in!  Enjoy your Wednesday wherever you happen to be.

• At 2010.05.26 08:31, Lex Cut said:

True, you don’t always get what you want. It’s amazing how people would travel for conventions like this. Well, amazing to me considering how far I live. A trip to the Niagara Falls is a treat. You may have seen it already, but who knows, it may capture your heart the second time?
    .-= Lex Cut´s last blog .. =-.

• At 2010.05.26 09:42, Meg said:

Hope you’re having a fabulous time! Minus, you know, the whole 4 a.m. thing. ‘Cause that’s not so awesome. I’m still in Maryland but am beginning my trek to New York City tomorrow! Definitely ready for a mini-vacation.
      .-= Meg´s last blog ..Things on my mind as I prepare for New York City =-.

• At 2010.05.26 11:39, vivienne said:

The falls look spectacular. If it makes you feel better, I haven’t been to either!
        .-= vivienne´s last blog ..Wuthering Wednesday – Week 8 =-.

• At 2010.05.26 13:01, Kathleen said:

Niagra Falls is lovely but I have to say that I’d rather be at the BEA also!

• At 2010.05.26 16:19, Lisa said:

I’d rather be at BEA, too. But the Falls would be a great alternative. Well, maybe not with a school trip! Can’t remember–did you read The Day The Falls Stood Still?
            .-= Lisa´s last blog .."Letter To My Daughter" by George Bishop =-.

• At 2010.05.26 21:43, Jenners said:

Well, in a side by side comparison of just the photos, I think the falls win. But I would rather be at BEA too!
              .-= Jenners´s last blog ..FreeVerse: "Daddy" by Sylvia Plath =-.

• At 2010.05.27 09:56, Susan (Bloggin' 'Bout Books) said:

Well, I haven’t been to Niagra Falls or BEA, so you’re ahead of me! *Sniff* Why are all the cool things happening on the East Coast??

• At 2010.05.27 10:45, Ti said:

I would have loved to have gone to BEA. I know everyone is having a blast and I will be GREEN with envy when they all come back and spend days gushing about all of the wonderful books they picked up. BUT, at least you have the falls. I have work. Ugh.
                  .-= Ti´s last blog ..GIVEAWAY: Legend of a Suicide =-.

• At 2010.05.27 15:01, Jen-Girls Gone Reading said:

I feel your pain. At least you went on a field trip. I woke up not in NYC at BEA, but here in the Midwest giving finals to seniors who are beyond ready to graduate. Hope the field trip was fun but uneventful.

• At 2010.05.30 08:18, Marg said:

If I had to pick between these two, I would have picked BEA, but I would have been pretty happy with Niagara Falls. It seems to me that it is one of the must see sights in the world. Hope you enjoyed it.

• At 2010.05.30 13:19, Beth F said:

Sob!!! You need to try to get to NYC next year.
                        .-= Beth F´s last blog ..BEA 2010: Editor’s Buzz =-.

• At 2010.05.31 13:58, Kristen said:

I hope the school trip to Niagara was fun even if it wasn’t BEA. Of course, I am only assuming the awesomeness of BEA since I haven’t yet been able to go. Maybe next year!
                          .-= Kristen´s last blog ..It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? =-.

• At 2010.06.04 18:34, OnlinePublicist said:

Is that a pic from your trip? omg that’s awesome! Seriously beautiful. And don’t lament missing this BEA. The two days instead of three and squishing it all onto one floor were terrible ideas they tested out this year. Next year it will be back to amazing, so that will be the one to attend!
                            .-= OnlinePublicist´s last blog ..The Big Post BEA ’10 Post =-.

• At 2010.06.05 10:34, Kathy said:

I went to Niagra Falls on a high school trip. I had a blast and went back a few times in college. I know you would have loved BEA, but I bet they were so happy to have you on the trip.
                              .-= Kathy´s last blog ..Review – Crossing, Andrew Xia Fukuda =-.

• At 2010.06.06 15:09, Lenore said:

We missed you!
                                .-= Lenore´s last blog ..My Darklyng hacks Presenting Lenore =-.