Looking Forward To…

With the days of the school year dwindling (12 and counting), I’ve started working on a list of books to read over the summer.

Nothing heralds the arrival of summer in New Jersey better than the newest installment of Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum series.  Admittedly, my anticipation has dropped off a bit in recent years–I pretty much only look forward to Ranger or Lula subplots–I’m still going to pick up the book and have a laugh or two.

Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich, June 22, 2010

I can’t remember where I read about this next book–a memoir–but can’t wait to give it a go.  Mentor: A Memoir by Tom Grimes is the story of two writers who meet and develop a friendship at the Iowa Writers’ Workshop.  I’m especially interested because I took a summer writing class at the University of Iowa a few years ago.

Mentor: A Memoir by Tom Grimes, August 1, 2010

Finally, not that I’m looking to rush my summer or anything, I’ll be waiting rather impatiently Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.  I need to find out what happens!

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, August 24, 2010

What books are you putting on your summer reading list?  Am I missing any goodies?

• At 2010.05.24 08:01, vivienne said:

Mockingjay is a definite! I can’t wait to read that. I also want Linger which is the second one to Shiver. I like the idea of a summer reading list, I might have to make one up to.
    .-= vivienne´s last blog ..Monday Mail – I know I lied! =-.

• At 2010.05.24 13:20, Ti said:

I am working on my summer list now. It will be a mix of contemporary fiction and some classics that I still haven’t gotten to. However, Mockingjay is one that I am definitely waiting for but I wish it didn’t come out so late! My kids go back to school August 12 so I will be in full rush-rush mode by that time it comes out.

Unless someone takes pity on me and sends me an ARC.
      .-= Ti´s last blog ..The Sunday Salon: So Fond of my Fondue Pot (not) =-.

• At 2010.05.24 20:20, Jenners said:

I can’t say I’m looking forward to Stephanie Plum books anymore. Just send me an e-mail when she picks either Morelli or Ranger.

And I already preordered Mockingjay. It was suprisingly cheap on Amazon!
        .-= Jenners´s last blog ..Question of the Week: Becoming a Character =-.

• At 2010.05.25 03:59, bybee said:

I’ve chosen my airplane book already! Korea by Simon Winchester. Everything else is still subject to change.
          .-= bybee´s last blog ..Challenge Check =-.

• At 2010.05.25 09:35, Meg said:

Oh, so many good books to come! Can’t wait for Mockingjay, of course, and am also super pumped for Meg Cabot’s Insatiable — a new adult novel with, apparently, a vampire slant. Hmm. Should be interesting!
            .-= Meg´s last blog ..Where I am =-.

• At 2010.05.25 10:10, Molly said:

Oh…Mentor caught my attention right away!
              .-= Molly´s last blog ..Armchair BEA: 1st Post =-.

• At 2010.05.25 10:29, Sammy25 said:

Hey gurl hey! I hope this finds you doing super well!!!!

I’ve never read any Janet Evanovich but I did hear a rumor that Catherine Hegel is suppose to play the Plum character in a movie soon….what do you think is this good or bad.

Secondly, uumm I’ve been dying to read Candy Girl…how was it?

Thirdly, I just picked up “This Book is Overdue” by Marilyn Johnson it’s all about librarians…it’s relatively new and still in hardback but seems to be totally worth the purchase…that book, as well as, “The Immortal Life of henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot!

How have you been?

PS Patricia Cornwell has a new Scarpetta book coming out in November…Nov won’t come soon enough!
                .-= Sammy25´s last blog ..Two Weeks of Busy! =-.

• At 2010.05.25 12:52, Kathleen said:

I’ve not put together a summer reading list but now several bloggers, yourself included, have made me feel like I will!

• At 2010.05.27 18:35, Aths said:

I’m looking forward to Mentor and Mockingjay too. Plus Justin Cronin’s The Passage. I really want that book.
                    .-= Aths´s last blog ..Armchair BEA Discussion: Books from far, far away =-.

• At 2010.05.30 08:19, Marg said:

I have my name down for the library for Sizzling Sixteen. I expect to like it, but not love it! Really, really, really anticipating Mockingjay though!
                      .-= Marg´s last blog ..TSS – Getting voice right =-.

• At 2010.06.04 12:14, bermudaonion (Kathy) said:

My husband’s really looking forward to Mockingjay!