Friday Fun and Games

It’s Friday and maybe you’re looking for a bit of a diversion.  Look no further, amigos!  Today at Book, Line, and Sinker, I’m hosting a little game called Uncover the Covers and it’s super easy to play.  Test your book cover knowledge by identifying the following covers:

How many did you figure out?

I wish I could say this was all my clever idea but it’s not.  The game is one of many over on a super-fun site called Sporcle. Have you been there?  They have an entire page devoted literature games and quizzes!  Have at it!

Enjoy the weekend and I’ll see you back here on Monday.

• At 2010.04.30 07:58, Terra said:

Sadly I only know one of them. Perhaps with a lot more consideration I could find two…but no. I only know one.

• At 2010.04.30 08:16, bermudaonion (Kathy) said:

I think I know 10 of them!

• At 2010.04.30 12:36, Lex Cut said:

Oh God. You must be a genius Kathy! I can only name two!
        .-= Lex Cut´s last blog ..The Eclipse =-.

• At 2010.04.30 09:02, Connie said:

Oh Wow…
        1. Angela’s Ashes 2. ? 3. Atlas Shrugged 4. Watership Down 5 ?
        6. Where the Wild Things Are 7. The Prophet 8. ? book about drug addiction that Oprah recommended, lot of controversy? 9. Eragon
        10. Charlotte’s Webb 11. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil 12. ? 13. She’s come Undone 14. Lord of the Flies 15. Omnivores Dilemma or Freakonomics? 16. Nancy Drew ? 17. ? 18. Where the Sidewalk Ends 19 Catcher in the Rye 20 Black Beauty? 21 ?
        22. The Little Prince 23. Chronicles of Narnia? 24 ? Are the answers on the web site?
        .-= Connie´s last blog ..Are You Late for Work? =-.

• At 2010.04.30 09:19, Connie said:

Ha! I went to the website and got 18/24!
          .-= Connie´s last blog ..Are You Late for Work? =-.

• At 2010.04.30 09:55, sammy25 said:

At first glance I was able to determine 17/24! What a fun friday game! How have you been? Are you ready for summer yet?!?!?!
            .-= sammy25´s last blog ..Love It! =-.

• At 2010.04.30 10:32, Care said:

Golly – I got at least 13 and 1/2. (I recognize but title is not revealing itself to me)
              🙂

• At 2010.04.30 10:32, Rachel said:

I got every single one right!! I guess working in a bookstore for almost 2 years has it’s benefits after all 🙂
                .-= Rachel´s last blog ..The Swiss Army 10…or 20 =-.

• At 2010.04.30 10:55, softdrink said:

I got all but one, and I was close…I kept thinking it was the first book, not the second!

• At 2010.04.30 12:21, Kerry said:

I got 15! Great game! Thanks for sharing both game and Sporcle link… I fear endless hours of distraction are upon me 🙂
                    .-= Kerry´s last blog ..Great Bookends Friday (Part 2) =-.

• At 2010.04.30 19:19, Kathleen said:

What fun! I checked out this sight and quickly got addicted to all of the fun games you can play related to books!
                      .-= Kathleen´s last blog ..Read the Book AND See the Movie =-.

• At 2010.05.01 04:05, bybee said:

1. Angela’s Ashes 2. ? 3. Atlas Shrugged 4. Watership down 5. The Great Gatsy 6. Where the wild things are 7. The Prophet 8. 1,000,000 little pieces 9.? 10. Charlotte’s Web 11.Midnight in the garden of good and evil 12. Something by Stephen Hawking 13. She’s come undone 14. lord of the flies 15. freakanomics 16. where the red fern grows 17. the historian 18. where the sidewalk ends 19. Catcher in the rye 20. Black Beauty? 21. Shopaholic? 22. The little prince
                        23. The lion, the witch and the wardrobe? 24. Jurassic Park

I’m off to check my answers! thanks for a fun game!!!
                        .-= bybee´s last blog ..Poetry, My Cell Phone and Mother’s Day =-.

• At 2010.05.01 04:10, bybee said:

19/24…not bad…
                          .-= bybee´s last blog ..Poetry, My Cell Phone and Mother’s Day =-.

• At 2010.05.01 17:13, Lisa said:

I’m feeling all kinds of smart–18 of 24 but only thanks to all blogging!
                            .-= Lisa´s last blog .."The Things They Carried" by Tim O’Brien – Guest Review =-.

• At 2010.05.01 23:41, Oh said:

What fun! I’m heading over there now to check out the website. In the meantime, trying to figure out two that I just can’t get though the artwork is so familar — aaarrrgg!
                              .-= Oh´s last blog ..PS to prior entry on “Romance” =-.

• At 2010.05.02 11:10, Unapologetically Mundane said:

Duuuuuude, I got, like, almost all of these. Two years of shelving at B&N really paid off.
                                .-= Unapologetically Mundane´s last blog ..Auf Wiedersehen, Jessica! Hallo, Drunk Katie! =-.

• At 2010.05.02 12:20, Jess - A Book Hoarder said:

This website is going to be the death of the tiny bit of spare time I was trying to hold onto. I don’t know if I should scold you or kiss you for sharing it.

• At 2010.05.02 20:15, Jenners said:

What fun! It is amazing how iconic some of these covers are … I knew many of them at a glance (even if I hadn’t read it). Glad to see my beloved Gatsby cover up there!
                                    .-= Jenners´s last blog ..Week In Review – 5/2/10 =-.

• At 2010.05.06 09:05, Beth F said:

Fun! I think I got 12 of them.
                                      .-= Beth F´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday 77 =-.