You Can Take This to the Bank!
Forbes Magazine recently released its 2010 list of the wealthiest fictional characters. Topping the list is the (animal) blood sucking doctor that some book bloggers love to loathe: Carlisle Cullen. Cullen is estimated to be worth about $34 billion!
Forbes Magazine has this to say about Big Daddy Cullen:
Topping the list this year is newcomer Carlisle Cullen, patriarch of the Cullen coven of vampires in the Twilight series of novels. Cullen, age 370, has accumulated a fortune of $34.1 billion–much of it from long-term investments made with the aid of his adopted daughter Alice, who picks stocks based on her ability to see into the future. Low-key and undead, Cullen has spent recent years posing as a mortal doctor in a small town in Washington State.
Who rounded out the rest of the top 15? (The suspense must be killing you!) Here’s the list in all its glory:
The Top 15 Wealthiest Fictional Characters according to Forbes Magazine
1. Carlisle Cullen (Twilight): $34.1 billion
2. Scrooge McDuck: $33.5 billion
3. Richie Rich: $11.5 billion
4. Tony Stark (Iron Man): $8.8 billion
5. Jed Clampett (Beverly Hillbillies): $7.2 billion
6. Adrian “Ozymandias” Veidt (Watchmen): $7 billion
7. Bruce Wayne (Batman): $6.5 billion
8. The Tooth Fairy (she’s real): $3.9 billion
9. Thurston Howell, III (Gilligan’s Island): $2.1 billion
10. Sir Tophamm Hatt (Thomas the Tank Engine): $2 billion
11. Artemis Fowl II : $1.9 billion
12. C. Montgomery Burns (The Simpsons): $1.3 billion
13. Chuck Bass (Gossip Girl): $1.1 billion
14. Jay Gatsby (The Great Gatsby): $1 billion
15. Lucille Bluth (Arrested Development): $950 million
And that’s your piece of useless trivia for the day! Glad I could be of service. Hee hee.