You Can Take This to the Bank!

Forbes Magazine recently released its 2010 list of the wealthiest fictional characters.  Topping the list is the (animal) blood sucking doctor that some book bloggers love to loathe: Carlisle Cullen.  Cullen is estimated to be worth about $34 billion!

Forbes Magazine has this to say about Big Daddy Cullen:

Topping the list this year is newcomer Carlisle Cullen, patriarch of the Cullen coven of vampires in the Twilight series of novels. Cullen, age 370, has accumulated a fortune of $34.1 billion–much of it from long-term investments made with the aid of his adopted daughter Alice, who picks stocks based on her ability to see into the future. Low-key and undead, Cullen has spent recent years posing as a mortal doctor in a small town in Washington State.

Who rounded out the rest of the top 15?  (The suspense must be killing you!)  Here’s the list in all its glory:

The Top 15 Wealthiest Fictional Characters according to Forbes Magazine

10. Sir Tophamm Hatt (Thomas the Tank Engine): $2 billion
11. Artemis Fowl II : $1.9 billion
12. C. Montgomery Burns (The Simpsons): $1.3 billion
13. Chuck Bass (Gossip Girl): $1.1 billion
14. Jay Gatsby (The Great Gatsby): $1 billion
15. Lucille Bluth (Arrested Development): $950 million

And that’s your piece of useless trivia for the day!  Glad I could be of service.  Hee hee.

• At 2010.04.20 00:34, Lisa said:

Just the kind of useless trivia my brain will retain for months. What I had for dinner last night? Gone already!
    .-= Lisa´s last blog .."Comfort Living: A Back-to-Basics Guide To a More Balanced Lifestyle" by Christine Eisner =-.

• At 2010.04.20 00:55, Lex Cut said:

Oh no! I don’t quite agree with the hating Carlisle thing. I love Carlisle. He’s gorgeous. But please don’t get the wrong idea. I’m not a blood sucking twilight die hard fan. Eek.
      .-= Lex Cut´s last blog ..Tutu =-.

• At 2010.04.20 07:28, Natalie said:

lol…well, i don’t hate the cullens (or twilight) because that series got several of my very reluctant readers to READ. from there i was able interest them in pride and prejudice and romeo and juliet. twilight has made my job a bit easier. 🙂

• At 2010.04.20 05:41, vivienne said:

I absolutely love Carlisle! I prefer him to Edward. However I like the guy who plays Carlisle anyway, even when his hair is dark.
        .-= vivienne´s last blog ..Monday Mailbox =-.

• At 2010.04.20 08:15, rhapsodyinbooks said:

I love this! I hadn’t seen it! Thanks for posting it!
          .-= rhapsodyinbooks´s last blog ..Review of “Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie” by Alan Bradley =-.

• At 2010.04.20 08:34, Beth F said:

I loved the Richie Rich comic books when I was young! Fun list.
            .-= Beth F´s last blog ..Readalong 2: The Return of the King by J. R. R. Tolkien =-.

• At 2010.04.20 08:49, bermudaonion (Kathy) said:

I’m glad you explained who Carlisle Cullen is because I had no clue.

• At 2010.04.20 09:29, Kerri said:

That’s great. I just loved the Cullen house they picked for the movies – $34.1 billion – I better start saving.
                .-= Kerri´s last blog ..Review: The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson =-.

• At 2010.04.20 10:30, Unapologetically Mundane said:

Ha! It’s so funny reading these books knowing that the movies have already been made, because I’m always wondering who they cast for each role but am never motivated enough to look it up.

Peter Facinelli!! He’s way not good-looking enough. And he’s Mike from “Can’t Hardly Wait”!!

Oh, so many more exclamation marks are necessary here.
                  .-= Unapologetically Mundane´s last blog ..Colbert + Hipsters 4-Eva =-.

• At 2010.04.20 15:23, Kathleen said:

What a clever list!
                    .-= Kathleen´s last blog ..A Reading Week in Review =-.

• At 2010.04.20 17:41, Jess - A Book Hoarder said:

This is great but I want to know how the Tooth Fairy is so rich when she is always leaving her money under pillows?

• At 2010.04.20 20:08, Jenners said:

Who thinks to do these things????? I found this highly amusing … thank you!
                        .-= Jenners´s last blog ..Question of the Week: Life-Changing Books =-.

• At 2010.04.21 11:41, Lydia said:

I don’t recall Jay Gatsby being worth that much but it’s been quite some time since I’ve read that book.

What a great post! Who knew Forbes did a list like this?

-Lydia @ The Literary Lollipop
                          .-= Lydia´s last blog ..Operation: The Lost List =-.

• At 2010.04.22 21:35, Natasha @ Maw Books said:

Despite the fact that you said very clearly fictional characters,I was SO confused for a minute and was thinking the real guy was the wealthiest. Fun list!
                            .-= Natasha @ Maw Books´s last blog ..Get Lucky by Katherine Center =-.

• […] Do you know who the wealthiest fictional characters are? […]

• At 2010.04.27 12:40, Kari said:

Lucille Bluth??? The whole point of the show is that the family was going bankrupt! C’mon!
                                .-= Kari´s last blog ..It’s a Party, I’ll read about the world if I want to! =-.