Coming Soon To a Theater Near You
I love lists. Ask anyone who knows me and they’ll attest to my obsession with making lists. Grocery lists, books to read lists, places to travel to lists, chores for my husband, and on, and on! I thought an auspicious start to 2010 here at Book, Line, and Sinker would be a list.
Adapting books to movies is never an easy thing for screenwriters and directors to do. Condensing a book into a movie while meeting the expectations of the fans is a Herculean task but that doesn’t stops Hollywood from trying. Below are a few of the many book-to-movies coming our way in 2010.
This list comes to your courtesy of Tate Reviews on Amazon.com and I vetted the titles below for release-date accuracy. Anything you’re interested in seeing? I don’t know about you, but I’m all over Beezus and Ramona!
- Dear John by Nicholas Sparks 2/5
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll 3/5
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney (live action) 4/2
- Sex and the City 2 (based on Candace Bushnell’s novel) 5/28
- Eclipse: The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer 6/30
- Beezus and Ramona by Beverly Cleary 8/13
- Eat, Pray, Love… by Elizabeth Gilbert 2010, maybe August?
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling 2010, maybe November
- Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift 12/22