-4 (The temperature AND number of Christmas gifts purchased)

My husband and I are up in Vermont for a long weekend when I should be home getting ready for the holidays!  I have -4 (yes, that’s negative 4) Christmas presents purchased and no ideas for anyone.  I came up with -4 because while shopping up here yesterday, I bought MYSELF four gifts when I should have been buying for others.  We spent several hours in our favorite indie bookstore, The Northshire Bookstore, and we bought lots of stocking stuffers!

Today we’re off to some used bookstores in Brattleboro where I hope to pick up some books I’ve seen around the blogs–The Day the Falls Stood Still–comes  to mind.  Maybe I’ll just give everyone on my list a book for Christmas!  It’s nice and snowy up here–a real winter wonderland–and the Taylor Farm in Londonderry does sleigh rides.  When we stopped by yesterday, the owner was kind enough to let us take some photos.

I hope these put you in a festive mood.  Enjoy the weekend and Happy Chanukah to those who celebrate!  (13 days until Christmas for the rest of you!)

sleigh ride 2

sleigh ride 1

• At 2009.12.12 11:45, Beth Hoffman said:

I grew up on a farm in the snow-belt region of northern Ohio, and lately I miss it something fierce.

Thank you for posting these pictures, they evoke nostalgic memories of my youth — plodding through snowdrifts to haul buckets of water to the barn, the steamy plumes of breath from my horses nostrils, and simpler times — times I wish I could relive.

Happy weekend!

• At 2009.12.12 12:11, Molly said:

Here is a gift suggestion — frame those lovely pictures of the horse drawn sleigh! I would LOVE that as a gift — it is simply beautiful.

I must admit that I am a little jealous of you spending a picture perfect holiday weekend rummaging around used bookstores in New England. ENJOY!!
      .-= Molly´s last blog ..Flashback Challenge =-.

• At 2009.12.12 12:25, softdrink said:

It looks lovely! I think the horses needs their bangs trimmed, though. 😉
        .-= softdrink´s last blog ..Somebody Else’s Daughter =-.

• At 2009.12.12 13:16, Kathy said:

Your pictures are gorgeous! They make me want to be up there even though I hate the cold weather.
          .-= Kathy´s last blog ..Review: The Pioneer Woman Cooks =-.

• At 2009.12.12 16:13, Lisa said:

Oh those pics do put me in the mood. Now I’m not feeling so badly about where I’m at with my shopping!
            .-= Lisa´s last blog ..Sometimes we’re always real same-same =-.

• At 2009.12.13 01:35, emma said:

Absolutely gorgeous photographs! It makes me want to be there, freezing weather be damned.

And I’m so glad I’m not the only one who has -4 gifts purchased! I still keep being shocked it’s December. Yikes!
              .-= emma´s last blog ..Best 09: Day Twelve =-.

• At 2009.12.13 04:59, Karen said:

These photos are gorgeous – thank you for sharing! We are currently enjoying 32 degrees C + weather over here – a little different to you guys!
                .-= Karen´s last blog ..Pride & Prejudice – Marvel Graphic Novel =-.

• At 2009.12.13 09:14, Jenners said:

Love love love the photos!! Looks like a holiday card! And you better get shopping girl!
                  .-= Jenners´s last blog ..State by State: A Review of 4 Essays =-.

• At 2009.12.13 15:24, Stephanie said:

My husband and I used to visit Vermont quite often (and stay at the lovely Windham Hill Inn)! We would always go to The Northshire (but I haven’t been since they renovated it). Good times!
                    .-= Stephanie´s last blog ..A hot cuppa tea =-.

• At 2009.12.13 18:47, Care said:

I just realized that I haven’t checked email all day… anyway – these photos look awesome! and I wanted to ask if you rec’d a resort/hotel/inn since we are thinking about running away for a holiday get-away and are stumped looking at so many websites… sigh.
                      🙂

• At 2009.12.13 21:53, Terresa Wellborn said:

Love these wintery picts. The only snow we get here in the desert is via picts, movies, memories. Lovely these!!
                        .-= Terresa Wellborn´s last blog ..Tasting life =-.

• At 2009.12.14 00:09, Ti said:

These pics are great. I love your -4 comment. Every time I go out, I end up with something for myself. It’s horrible! I would really love to do all of my shopping at the bookstore. It would be so easy and most bookstores have movies and music now too.
                          .-= Ti´s last blog ..The Sunday Salon: Rain! =-.

• At 2009.12.14 01:57, Hayden Tompkins said:

That picture is pure Christmas!
                            .-= Hayden Tompkins´s last blog ..Get Clutter Free for Christmas! =-.

• At 2009.12.14 12:19, Meg said:

Sounds so nice and relaxing… I would love to be traveling around in the snow, buying books! Next time, you guys have to take me with you. 🙂 And your photos are awesome — Picnik!! Love it!
                              .-= Meg´s last blog ..Book review: ‘Over The Holidays’ by Sandra Harper =-.

• At 2009.12.19 10:03, Beth F said:

Awesome photos — either one could be your Christmas cards.
                                .-= Beth F´s last blog ..Weekend Cooking: Caribbean Black Bean Dinner =-.