Techie Tuesday: I’m all a’Twitter’.

For many months, I resisted jumping into the fray that is Twitter.  I blogged about being on the Twitter fence and couldn’t make up my mind whether or not to join.  I finally signed up (grudgingly), vowing not to tweet every sordid detail of my life.  I’ve pretty well stuck with that pledge and hope that I haven’t tweeted my followers to a slow and painful death by tweet-boredom.

The most surprising thing that I’ve discovered is that Twitter is actually fun, with book bloggers, authors, publishers, and readers running amok and chatting back and forth.  It’s a great tool for learning of new blogs, books, and posts/reviews and without it, I’d be missing some good books, blogs, and authors.

Twitter can connect you with new friends and a new audience.  You can use Twitter to promote your own blog, read about other books and blogs, or just to get more involved with the book blogging community.  If you aren’t already drinking the Twitter Kool-Aid, please consider it.  This is one instance where the more really is the merrier!

Come on out and join the rest of us, and don’t forget to let me know when you join so I can follow you!

• At 2009.12.02 00:16, Ti said:

Twitter has its place. I’ve come to appreciate it. The only thing that bugs me is that when I am in the mood to chit chat, I always feel as if dozens of Tweets bury my lone tweet so I end up just signing out.
    .-= Ti´s last blog ..Review: Forgetting English =-.

• At 2009.12.02 05:18, Cassandra Jade said:

I find my way to most blogs via twitter and I love finding out what other writers are up to. I don’t follow people who tell me when they are brushing their teeth. I think writers love twitter because at is text based and they can talk fast and share links easily. Hope you continue to have fun on twitter.
      .-= Cassandra Jade´s last blog ..Win Download of Sherrilyn Kenyon’s The League =-.

• At 2009.12.02 09:40, Kathy said:

I love Twitter too. I’m glad you took the plunge.
        .-= Kathy´s last blog ..Wondrous Words Wednesday =-.

• At 2009.12.02 10:24, Meg said:

I’ll freely admit that I was resistant to the charms of Twitter… at first. But now? I’m a Tweeting fool! In fact, I leave my Twitter window open all day… something I never did before. I just feel like I’m missing something if I’m not constantly refreshing, haha!

And YAYYYYY, you’re home!! I missed you too! So glad you had a wonderful time on the beach. Hope you were thinking about us poor fools stuck in the suburbs of Maryland where it rains all the time, apparently. I didn’t know I’d recently relocated to Seattle, but here I am!
          .-= Meg´s last blog ..Book review: ‘The Foundling’ by Georgette Heyer =-.

• At 2009.12.02 14:02, Hayden Tompkins said:

You have officially come over to the dark side!
            .-= Hayden Tompkins´s last blog ..The Hour of Magic =-.

• At 2009.12.02 16:59, Alita said:

I held out for a long long long time, but when I finally joined I was surprised to find out much fun Twitter is, too! Receiving a warm welcome from fellow bloggers sure did help 🙂

Like Meg, I keep a Twitter window open all day, too. Mostly I just keep an eye on what’s going on, but I chime in here and there if I have something to add to the (many!) conversations.
              .-= Alita´s last blog ..More 2010 Challenges! =-.

• At 2009.12.02 21:47, Jess - A Book Hoarder said:

Oh no this is bad. I have been trying to stay strong and stay off Twitter because I envision it taking over my life but then I read posts like this. Well you have definitely given me something to think about. I know I am going to cave eventually but for now I am going to just say no.

I give it 3 months tops…ok maybe 3 weeks. We will see.
                .-= Jess – A Book Hoarder´s last blog ..Leviathan – Scott Westerfeld =-.

• At 2009.12.03 22:05, Lisa said:

My kids think it’s so funny that I twitter, but I love it!
                  .-= Lisa´s last blog ..Gilmore Girls Reading Challenge =-.

• At 2009.12.05 00:23, emma said:

So glad you finally took the plunge! Welcome to the addiction…
                    .-= emma´s last blog ..Best 09: Day Four =-.

• At 2009.12.06 22:50, Jenners said:

I’m amazed how much people use Twitter … I just can’t keep up with it so I’m a slow and boring Twitterer!!! I can barely blog let alone Twitter.
                      .-= Jenners´s last blog ..Announcing The Take Another Chance Challenge =-.

• At 2009.12.18 06:15, Gnoe said:

How nice that you’ve really discovered twitter! I knew though, because I’ve been following you for a while now as graasland 😉
                        .-= Gnoe´s last blog ..Nearing the 100 Mile Fi(t)nish Line! =-.

• At 2009.12.20 23:46, Beth Hoffman said:

Count me in on being reluctant to use Twitter, but within weeks of signing up I was surprised by the amazing people I connected with.