Accidental Book Tourist

Scrolling through our Road Trip 2009 photographs, I noticed an unintentional theme–bookish things!  Here’s a sampling:

Robert Frost's grave--Bennington, VT
Robert Frost's grave--Bennington, VT
Spying on a handsome hippy at the Northshire Bookstore, Manchester, VT
Spying on a handsome hippy at the Northshire Bookstore, Manchester, VT
Snoozing in the stacks at the Yankee Book Shop, Woodstock, VT
Snoozing in the stacks at the Yankee Book Shop, Woodstock, VT
Peal S. Buck left her mark in quaint Danby, VT
Peal S. Buck left her mark in quaint Danby, VT
Trout fishing is all the rage in Phoenicia, NY
Trout fishing is all the rage in Phoenicia, NY

• At 2009.07.12 15:53, bermudaonion said:

I love it! We’re going on a short vacation next week and I have a bookish event planned for us.

• At 2009.07.12 16:00, claire said:

Delicious photographs!

• At 2009.07.12 20:17, Literate Housewife said:

What great pictures! I had no idea that Robert Frost’s wife died so young. I also like your idea of taking pictures of cute strangers reading. Not a bad idea. Thanks for posting!

• At 2009.07.12 22:42, Ti said:

Isn’t it neat when books or bookish things end up in your pics? It’s like we eat, sleep and breath books even when we aren’t thinking about it.

• At 2009.07.13 07:35, Care said:

These are great! I took about a hundred (ok, maybe 20) pics of Edith Whartons house yesterday! Well, I have assumed it’s her house after I took a Newport cruise but I probably need to verify… I so want to go to Vermont.

• At 2009.07.13 08:15, Stephanie said:

My husband and I used to vacation in Vermont a lot and I always stopped by the Northshire bookstore (and have been to Robert Frost’s grave). Thanks for posting these pictures and jogging my pleasant memories!

• At 2009.07.13 08:25, vivienne said:

I can assure you my pictures will be similar when I go away, but more British in origin.

• At 2009.07.13 08:27, Stephanie of Stopbouncing said:

I’m amazed at that book return do-dad… and your vaca photos, as amazing as expected…

• At 2009.07.13 09:25, Megan said:

I love that you also take photos of hot guys while on vacation… something about being away from home makes me act, um, outlandish! I snapped a few photos of this incredibly good-looking shirtless guy working on a boat in North Carolina. He was a total Adonis — my heart hurt looking at him! HA.

And I love the dog at the Yankee Book Shop 🙂 sweetness!

• At 2009.07.13 10:28, hisqueen said:

was Ant poising or did you sneak up on him? love the dog(is he the shops or yours).
                      The book return is priceless..

• At 2009.07.13 16:39, Beth F said:

Super post! I love the photos.

• At 2009.07.14 08:39, Amy Reads Good Books said:

Great pictures! I’d love to do a massive bookish road trip. It’s always so nice to see where authors lived and worked. Oxford, Mississippi was great because it was so steeped in Faulkner.

• At 2009.07.14 09:10, Top Three Tuesday | Amy Reads Good Books said:

[…] Top Three was inspired by Nat’s “Accidental Book Tourist” post at Book, Line, and Sinker.  She posted some great photos of literary sites she’s […]

• At 2009.07.14 09:56, Serena (Savvy Verse & Wit) said:

What a great set of photos! I love the theme!

• At 2009.07.14 17:05, Jessica said:

this is my kind of vacation!

• At 2009.07.17 20:06, Jenners said:

Great photos! I love the expression on the cute hippie’s face! very intent!