'You down wit' O-C-D? Yeah, you know me…'

I had no idea that my blogging buddy Trish was going to use a screen-print of my blog for all the world to see…and I was so horrified by the state of my book cabinet that I hurried on down to the den and reorganized it…by color.  Seriously.

down-wit-ocd

I’m still tweaking it…not sure if maroons, pinks, and purples should be integrated into the red family or not…same with the golds into the yellows.  It’s a work in progress.

• At 2009.03.09 22:45, J.C. Montgomery said:

ROFL

I recently took a pic of mine and did the same thing — but not by color: by size.

Well, that was after I separated the hardcovers from the trade paperbacks from the mass markets.

Needless to say, I completely understand.

• At 2009.03.09 22:49, S. Krishna said:

That is so pretty! Strange thing to say, I know.

• At 2009.03.10 00:24, Monica @ Monniblog said:

ooo! That IS gorgeous! It certainly makes the room pop! hahah I don’t know how you’d find anything though if you forgot what colour the spine was.

• At 2009.03.10 03:51, Bibliolatrist said:

Hello there…I found you via Trish, and I have to say I’m enjoying your site! Nice to meet you 🙂

• At 2009.03.10 07:56, Stephanie said:

Welcome to the book blogging world! Sorry I haven’t stopped by your other blog in a while, but glad to see you here now!

• At 2009.03.10 08:12, belleofthebooks said:

I absolutely love it! That is possibly the only way I haven’t arranged my books, so I know what will be next. Spring cleaning time?

cwg says: pictures, pictures!

• At 2009.03.10 08:26, Serena (Savvy Verse & Wit) said:

LOL by color…who would have thought that would be a way to organize books. can you find everything ok?

natalie says: oh, these are my favorite books and i could find any one of them in a flash. i could never do this with my other bookshelves! 🙂

• At 2009.03.10 09:03, Beth F said:

Too funny. I love it, but I could never do the same. Just the thought of emptying my bookshelves and trying to sort the books is daunting! I’m into organized clutter.

• At 2009.03.10 09:54, Joy said:

Very nice looking. I have to say, I go alphabetically by author. But this looks way better.

• At 2009.03.10 10:03, Becky Workman said:

This is beautiful! Mine certainly doesn’t look like that!!

• At 2009.03.10 10:17, Heather said:

Very, very pretty. If I had enough bookshelves to actually house all my books I’d probably do this too. 🙂

natalie says: well, this is only one of my book cabinets. you’ll notice i’m not showing what the others look like. hee hee.

• At 2009.03.10 10:52, Jessica said:

Oh that is funny! I just reorganized my own shelves this past weekend! You and I are going to get along I think.

• At 2009.03.10 11:59, Jessica said:

I love you! You know what hamentashcen is!

Hollar!

• At 2009.03.10 13:54, Valerie said:

I look forward to more bookish blogging from you! Thanks to Trish. Are you going to leave the rearranged-by-color books as is?

cwg says: oh, yeah. i didn’t do all that work for nothing! but i may tweak the maroon/red yellow/gold arrangments…

• At 2009.03.10 16:16, Meg89 @ Literary Menagerie said:

I thought your shelves looked neat in the last picture, but now it’s a little scary… but not in a bad way 🙂 I used to line mine up by size– big books on either end, and shorter one’s toward the middle, so all my rows looked like U’s. I was obsessive about it for about 2 years–now my dorm doesn’t even have shelves, so books are stacked on the floor and windowsill and everywhere else!

• […] Author’s Bio ← ‘You down wit’ O-C-D? Yeah, you know me…’ […]

• At 2009.03.11 22:04, mmihajlov said:

I think every should do this to their bookshelves. It would make everything way prettier.

• At 2009.03.12 01:24, bybee said:

Wow, it looks great. But I liked it before, too!

• At 2009.03.13 20:33, Lisa said:

This tempts me to do it to our shelves, I love it.

• At 2009.03.19 18:42, claire said:

Looks so pretty! I’ve done this before, but couldn’t sleep knowing titles by the same author are separate from one another, lol! So I put them back in alphabetical order, by author. 😀